Jeff Morris is a purveyor of pure pop rock. On the heels of his critically acclaimed debut album 'afterglow', Morris' 2009 cd release "Far Away" again displays his unique ability to craft intelligent, radio ready, pop music. This new seven song set features a mix of catchy power pop nuggets and Beatlesque ballads, driven along by Jeff's trademark melodic hooks and guitar motifs.
The 'Guardian' says "Morris has one of those all too rare voices that are made to order for the kind of pop music he plays, with sweet high notes, a dirty midrange, and enough power to take either of them anywhere he wants them to go."
Setting the tone for the new record, the title track "Far Away", and follow up single "Photograph" have proven to be successful singles for Morris, garnering numerous commercial radio station adds, National airplay, and remaining in the top ten on the 'East Coast Countdown' for six weeks each. Jeff's mid 2000's hit "Cellophane Girl" has not gone away quietly either, having just this year been named as a semi-finalist in the 2011 UK Songwriting Competition. The single was selected for the exclusive Atlantic Film Festival's sponsors reel in 2009 also.
In 2002 Morris created waves with his critically acclaimed debut album afterglow., Recorded at The Factory Studios in Vancouver, the album features a potent blend of striking melodic and lyrical hooks, big guitars, and fluid vocals. The album spawned four singles, Cellophane Girl, Everything, Baby Blue, and Sitting on the Moon, all receiving heavy commercial, CBC, and college radio play in Canada.
An award winning songwriter, Jeff has shared the stage with artists such as Bryan Adams, Steve Earle, Blue Oyster Cult, and Tom Cochrane, and showcased at NEMO in Boston, the ECMA's in Halifax and Charlottetown, and at Contact East in St. John's Nfld. His song "Sitting on the Moon" received an honorable mention in the 2003 John Lennon International Songwriting Competition.
- Semi-Finalist in the UK Songwriting Competiton, August, 2011
- Headline PEI Natal Day Concert, June, 2010
- Featured Performer at Charlottetown Summerfest, July, 2010
- "Cellophane Girl" added to Atlantic Fim Festival Sponsors Reel, Sept., 2009
- Single "Photograph" stays on the ECC top ten for five weeks, 2009
- Featured act at Fredericton, NB Canada Day Concert, June, 2009
- "Far Away" climbs to number 4 on the top ten of 'The East Coast Countdown', March 2008
- Featured Performer at the IWK Telethon (ATV/ASN), Charlottetown PEI, May 2008
- New single "Far Away" released to Canadian radio stations, January 2008
- Awarded Contact East Showcase, performing in St. John's, NL, Sept., 2003
- Third single "Sitting on the Moon" released, and added to Canadian radio stations, Aug., 2003
- Honourable mention in the John Lennon Songwriting Competition for "Sitting on the Moon", March, 2003
- Second single "Everything" released and added to Canadian radio stations, March, 2003
- Signed national distribution deal with No Distribution, Halifax, NS, Feb., 2003
- Performed ECMA 2003 'Much Music Rock Stage' showcase, Halifax, NS, Feb. 2003
- Nominee / featured performer
at PEI Music Awards, Confederation Center of the Arts, Nov., 2002
- Radio interviews/performances
with: Capitol FM, Magic 93, Q104, C103, CJLS, CIGO, CJFX, The Fox, CBC, Big Dog, CKEC
- "Cellophane Girl"
added in regular rotation to dozens of Canadian commercial radio stations
- Featured Artist at The Festival
Of Lights, Charlottetown, PEI, Canada Day 2002.
- Signed with Delinquent
Records of Vancouver BC, for international album promotion, 2002
- Song "Sitting On The Moon",
selected for NEMO CD compilation Boston, US Distribution
- Official Showcase Artist, NEMO
Music Conference Boston, Mass, April 2002
- Album afterglow,
recorded at The Factory Studios Vancouver, BC. released July, 2002
- Official showcase artist ECMA
2001, Music World Showcase, ECMA 2002.
- MuchMusic 'Going Coastal', Global TV, CBC-TV
NB, CBC-TV Compass, CBC Radio 'Atlantic Airwaves' , CBC Radio 'Mainstreet', ATV Breakfast TV, ATV Christmas
- Halifax Chronicle Herald,
The Halifax Daily News, NB Telegraph Journal, The Cape Breton Post, The Guardian newspaper,
The Buzz (PEI), Pictou Evening News, Moncton Times Transcript...
and touring grants: PEI Dept. of Culture and Heritage, PEI Council of the
- Factor grants: Songwriting/Publishing,
New Talent Demo, Domestic Showcasing
member for one season of American TV program Nightman
medallist in Yamaha National Battle of the Bands - "Counting
- Graduated from Grant MacEwan
College, Jazz Studies (guitar performance).